Room –Herald Doll Room February 21st, 2023, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm. Hyatt Regency Centre, Calgary Alberta.
Speaker – Rand Teed
The presentation will help participants better understand adolescent substance use and its relation to the stress response as well as ACE scores. The presentation will also touch on the related issue of process disorders.
- Understand the connection between stress response and substance use.
- Why it is important to incorporate Recovery Capital as a foundation for change.
- Using mindfulness to help create new patterns of self-regulation
- Cannabis Addiction and the Brain https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29556883/Neurobiology Of Addiction
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27475769/Mindfulness, Meditation and Psychopathology
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30525995/”Dopamine Nation” Anna Lembke
Rand has been working with teens and adults for over 40 years and for the past 25 years has been helping them understand how substance use can get in the way of having the life they want. B.A, a B.Ed and is an Internationally Certified Prevention Specialist and a Canadian Certified Addiction CounsellorHe is the developer of the Drug Class program which has been offered in many Regina High Schools for several years and is the writer and host of the Award Winning Drug Class TV Series.(Gemini Award Best Direction in A Youth Series 2008)50 years of continuous sobriety. Awarded the 2010 Kaiser Foundation Award for Excellence in Media reporting and the 2014 City of Regina “Mayor’s Honour Roll” for contributions to substance abuse prevention.Saskatchewan member of National Recovery Advisory Committee for CCSAAwarded the 2015 Angus Campbell Award for the Province of Saskatchewan.IC&RC International Prevention Specialist of the Year 2016. 2022 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Award for Service to Health Care