w/ Lived Experience Stories from Jennifer and Daniela
Date: September 6th 1:30 pm studio 411
The correlation in case managed approaches in all chronic illnesses dictates always a better outcome and that is truly the case when Intervention is necessary. A call from a family member or concerned other for help in getting a loved one into treatment is a rich opportunity for treatment professionals and agencies to engage substance abusers in treatment. Evidence shows that family involvement makes for better outcomes throughout the treatment process.
Intervention provides an effective, swift, and cost investment option for engaging substance abusers in treatment or alternatives to TX. The more personal development and case managed approach with others involved, the greater the success of treatment engagement. Intervention is not just confronting the addict, it is a process of understanding the necessary steps to healing for the individual and the family. Just like harm reduction was not just reducing harm to the addict. Families want to get their loved ones help and have no idea that they can be guided to success if navigation to the system of health care is supported.
- An understanding of what is Intervention and isn’t
- addressing the myths of Intervention
- Factors that can impact addiction, such as family dynamics, family systems , trauma and concurrent disorders.
- Understanding the cost / benefit to include loved ones
- The various types of Intervention Models of Intervention
- Tools and skills that can be used in assessment, intervention and relapse prevention.
- Ethical considerations
- Lived experience of a family member post Intervention
- Lived Experience of a client post Intervention
- Creative stages of change considerations and alternatives, and challenges
- Building blocks of an enabling system
- Understanding a loved one’s triggers to use substances
- Positive communication strategies
- Positive reinforcement strategies – rewarding non-using behavior
- Lovefirst ideology
Linda Lane Devlin
Educator Certified Counsellor
Addiction Intervention Specialist, CIP, I.C.A.D.C. CCAC
Recovery Capital Conference of Canada
September 6th and 7th, 2018
Presenting sponsors and exhibitors
SUPPORTING sponsors and exhibitors
|Together We Can||Inner Visions Recovery||Turning Point Recovery|
|John Volken Academy||All Cleared Pardons||Narcotics Anonymous|
|Western Addiction Forum||Sunshine Coast Health Centre||Chopra Health Centre|