Sex addiction is one of the last addictions to be documented by science but it is transforming how we look at all other addictions.
Dr. Carnes will be a keynote Speaker at the Recovery Capital Conference of Canada on September 7th and 8th in New Westminster BC.
Here are a few questions he will clearify with science during his session.
- There is no common agreement on the diagnostic criteria of sex addiction –False
- Only a few addictions interact neurobiological – False
- Addictions must be treated one at a time – False
Followed by a Panel from Edgewood Health Network to discuss solution to Sex Addiction, and how Recovery Capital is important to recovery.
The Panel includes
- Dr. Christina Basedow
- Elizabeth Loudon
- Ann Sulivan
- Nelson Sacristan
More about Dr. Patrick Carnes
Dr. Patrick Carnes, founder and primary architect of Gentle Path at The Meadows, is a world-renowned speaker and author on sex addiction and treatment. With more than 30 years in the sexual addiction treatment field, Dr. Carnes has been a major contributor to the advancement of sexual addiction treatment and research. His extensive knowledge, assessment tools and related materials deliver an unprecedented approach to addiction recovery.
Dr. Carnes pioneered the founding of the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP), which specializes in training Certified Sex Addiction Therapists. From 1996 until 2004, Dr. Carnes was Clinical Director for Sexual Disorder Services at The Meadows.
His achievements include The Lifetime Achievement Award from the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH), where they present an annual “Carnes Award” to researchers and clinicians who have made exceptional contributions to the field of sexual health.
Publications By Dr. Carnes
- Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction (the first work designed to help addicts deal with their sexual compulsions and to examine the issues found in family relationships.)
- A Gentle Path Through the Twelve Principles
- Recovery Zone
- The Clinical Management of Sex Addiction
- In the Shadows of the Net
- Facing the Shadow
- Open Hearts
- The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitive Relationships
- A Gentle Path Through the 12 Steps
- Contrary to Love: Helping the Sexual Addict
- 30 Task Model
Dr. Carnes meets individually with each patient during their treatment at the Gentle Path at the Meadows and provides consistent training to and supervision of the program staff. Throughout the treatment process, he keeps our clinical team at the cutting-edge of advances in sex addiction treatment and research.patients Gentle Path at The Meadows located in Wickenburg, Arizona, provides an intensive, experientially based 45-day treatment program for men with the complex issues of sexual addictions.